Globe straight-way LTG3 is a very versatile control valve for general applications. Its high performance, coming from using a balanced and cage-guided plug, is particularly suitable for heavy duties and for any other application under most demanding service conditions.
Due to their simple construction, to the large range of trim types and material available, these valves are suitable for a wide range of applications, including also high temperature and corrosive fluids, critical low-noise requirements and sour service in accordance with NACE standard.
Main advantages of this valve series:
- High pressure drop capabilities with no practical limitations
- Improved plug stability due to large guiding areas
- A wide-range capability is allowed by a great number of reduced capacity trims
- Low-noise single-stage trim provides excellent noise attenuation on gas and steam service and improves cavitation protection on liquid services
- Low-noise multistage trims also available for suitable cavitation control
- Reduced thrust and actuator size are allowed by the balanced plug construction.
- Piloted plug construction is available for tight shut-off up to class V in high temperature services
- Either piston or pneumatic diaphragm spring return available
- Electric actuators also available
- RF & RTJ, butt-welded, socket-welded and threaded
- Cast std construction; also wrought or by bar for 2″ and 3″ sizes
- Face-to-face dimensions as per IEC 60534-3-1 long series
- Sizes: 2″, 3″, 4″, 6″, 8″, 10″, 12″, 14″, 16″, 18″, 20″, ratings up to ANSI 150, 300, 600, 900, 1500, 2500 and equivalent PN
- Materials: Carbon, Cr-Mo and Stainless Steels
- Flow direction:
- to open – general feature
- to close – only for piloted plugs
- Balanced and fully guided
- Unbalanced design available for small ports or low pressure drop applications
- Piloted design for tight shut-off especially for high temperature applications
Seal rings options:
- Metal and graphite
- Ported or drilled std design
- Low-noise drilled single stage LN and special low-noise ELN type with additional acoustical benefit of 4dB
- MPS multistage trim special design for high pressure drops. Multi-cage constructions up to 6 stages. 7 stages and over are obtained from a solid disk stack.
- Linear and equal% characteristics for standard trim design.